Weddings have become more diverse as far as locations are concerned. One of those popular locations is the beach. It should not come as a surprise as beach weddings, after all, provide a beautiful and romantic backdrop to celebrate such a joyous moment in a couple’s life. But the allure of a beach wedding in recent years goes beyond that.
As a photographer like Martin Beddall who will be covering a beach wedding, it is important that you get to capture not only the beauty of the wedding as a celebration of love but also the beauty of the setting that is the beach. As a guide to help you better capture the moment, here are some of the characteristics of a beach wedding that you should not miss in your photos.
- Natural lighting – Since beach weddings are held outdoors, you don’t need to worry about nor possibly spend much on lighting in the venue for some good output the photos. The natural light from the sun will already take care of the lighting for you. On your part, you don’t have to think about these things and let the photographer take care of making that sunlight work on those beautifully lighted photos.
- Scenic venue – one does not have to spend or worry much on the interiors. The beach itself provides a natural and artistic scenery that you can tap to provide a beautiful and natural backdrop for your wedding. Best of all, it is available to you without paying extra, especially if you will not require to have a section of the beach blocked off.
- Intimate atmosphere – Beaches are naturally intimate type of places, better appreciated when there are a few people who go there. So if you wish to have an intimate wedding ceremony, having it at a beach is something to seriously consider. Even if a beach is a popular tourist destination, having a beach wedding provides a greater level of intimacy that having a hundred guests would ruin such a mood.
- A wedding and vacation in one – For some couples, especially those who are working around a budget, a beach wedding is a cost-saver such that they don’t have to spend time and effort separately for a wedding venue and a vacation place and incur more expenses in the long run. Beach weddings provide the convenience for both. Not to mention, the guests also get to enjoy a vacation and a wedding at the same time.
- Less formalities – As stated above, beach weddings have a greater level of intimacy. As such, there is a lesser need to be formal, whether it is on the aspect of ceremonies or when it comes to outfits. You can be as flexible as you want to be for a beach wedding, so feel free to create a unique and memorable moment in the process that you as a couple and your guests will get to enjoy.
- Casual affair – Speaking of outfits, there’s no need for to wear formal outfits at a beach wedding. One can opt to wear a simpler wedding dress while guests can wear something less stiff and a bit more casual and comfortable that is appropriate for a beach wedding. Besides, traditionally huge wedding gowns would not cut it since they would look awkward in the beach setting anyway.
With all these said, keep in mind though is the outdoor nature of beach weddings. As such, nature can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. Unpredictable conditions like rain or winds may make those wedding plans go awry. Careful planning is very important to ensure that such conditions would not ruin what should be a memorable moment. Make sure you got all bases covered as much as possible; it won’t hurt to have a Plan B at hand in case things won’t get to go as originally planned.
There is no doubt that beach weddings are beautiful to witness, making a moment as memorable as a wedding even more memorable with the setting a beach provides. As long as it is planned very well beforehand, a beach wedding provides a unique experience the couple and guests will surely get to appreciate and cherish.
Boudoir photo shoots have an intimate and sexy feel to it. For photographers like the bristol wedding photographer, such photo shoots are an opportunity for them to showcase their skills and talents, especially in capturing a woman’s beauty in an atmosphere of intimacy and sexiness.
As such, women find it both thrilling and nervous to book a boudoir photo shoot, sometimes not knowing what to do to prepare for such a shoot. So we have listed down some things you need to remember in doing this shoot.
We will start with the most basic element which is the skin. Never, ever over-use self tanners and stay out of the sun. A photographer’s nightmare is having to correct those weird skin tones brought by sunburns and tan lines. Instead, moisturize your skin for a natural glow as glossy, shiny skin photographs well and also brings out muscle definition and tone. Also as a general rule, don’t do anything too crazy before the shoot like having a facial or get your eyebrows waxed for the first time as it may adversely affect how you would look in the photos.
Hair and Makeup
You are encouraged to get your hair and makeup, as well as a manicure and pedicure, be professionally done to make you look better on camera. Also, you should also have false eyelashes put on. They may feel too large, but they actually make your eyes look better on camera, especially when you are looking down and off to the side. You always want to exaggerate your features for the camera, especially your eyes and lips, so you would look better and stand out more on camera.
Remember to wear loose fitting clothing on the day of the shoot so that you don’t have markings on your body from the tight clothes you wear when you strip down. Keep in mind to bring clothing that makes you FEEL sexy, not what you THINK is sexy.
As a general rule for boudoir photography, the sexiest clothing items to bring are fall-off-the-shoulder tops, cropped soft sweaters, a man’s button down shirt/tie, lacy underthings, simple black and white bras/panties (these can be paired with other items), sheer slips/teddies, anything vintage, stockings/thigh highs/soft over-the-knee socks, sexy heels and subtle jewelry and hair pieces/flowers. Layering items is always a good thing to keep in mind, and bring as many clothing options as you can.
Diet and Sleep
One week before your shoot, cut out as much sugar, carbs and processed foods as you can. This will help make your skin look healthy instead of being bloated and puffy. Get as much sleep as you can the night before and eat something light the day of your shoot.
Be Yourself and Have Fun
Avoid being too anxious about the shoot and remember to have fun. If certain music would help in making you feel relaxed and in the mood, do not hesitate to play it. If you are someone who finds wine relaxing, you can go ahead and bring it along with you as long as you don’t get drunk for it.
With the right photographer, boudoir photo shoots can be a fun and fabulous experience that you will remember and cherish.
Welcome to the new website for Wigan Photoshop and Photography Society.
Firstly a huge thanks to club member Calum Stebbing for providing the club with free hosting on his company’s web servers. This will save a lot of money in club funds and as a thank you to Calum we have decided to make him a lifetime member of the club with no membership fees to pay.
Secondly thank you to Terry Smith for taking the time to teach the Web sub-committee everything they needed to know about WordPress. It was new to many of us having been used to our old Joomla based website, but everyone agrees this is much easier to use and create content on.
Lastly thank you to John Patton club secretary for creating the initial site layout which I am sure you will all agree looks wonderful.
Of course a Photography website isn’t really a site unless it has pictures, so here is a beautiful image to kick things off.